10th Annual Perianesthesia Nursing Conference
Date & Location:
Saturday, January 26, 2019, Baystate Education Center, 361 Whitney Ave., Holyoke, MA
Register by January 11, 2019 and save $10. Enter coupon code Peri75 at checkout.
The goal of this educational activity is to foster effective, safe, compassionate, patient-centered nursing care to patients during the perianesthesia period.
Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education
This course is designed for nurses who care for patients undergoing procedures requiring sedation, analgesia and anesthesia.
• Discuss common regional anesthetic techniques for perioperative pain management.
• Discuss the perioperative management of acte pain in patients with addiction.
• Discuss trends in neuromodulation.
• Describe the current accepted pain regimen for post tonsillectomy patients.
• Describe the expected postoperative symptoms of a tonsillectomy patient.
• Describe the time frame for post tonsillectomy complications.
• Define and describe lateral violence and bullying (LV & B) in nursing.
• Discuss recent studies describing the risks of lateral violence and bulling on patient care and the work environment.
• Discuss the incidence of LV & B in the perianesthesia setting.
• Discuss ways to manage LV & B in the perianesthesia setting.
• Discuss how incorporating mindfulness practices could contribute to a healing work environment.
• Discuss the benefits of self-care practices on personal well-being and communication.
• Explain how mindfulness-based interventions can improve person-centered care and caregiver well-being.
|7:30||Registration and Sign-in|
|8:00||Update on Acute and Chronic Pain Management|
Peter Vieira, MD
|Ear, Nose and Throat Procedures in Pediatrics|
Daniel Isamu Plosky, MD
Lateral Violence and Bullying in the Workplace
|11:00||Mindfulness Self-Care Practices for the Patient Care Team|
Lauri Deary, BSN, MS, RN, RYT
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education (CE) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty or planning committee have commercial relationships with commercial companies providing goods or services used on patients.
There is free surface parking. Park in the upper half of the parking lot which is nearest the Education Center entrance. Enter through the glass foyer at the end of the building.
Meeting Room temperatures will fluctuate.
Lauri Deary, BSN, MS, RN, RYT*
Baystate Medical Center
Daniel Isamu Plosky, MD
Ear, Nose & Throat Surgeons of Western New England, LLC
Pioneer Valley Surgicenter
Peter A. Vieira, MD*
Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology
University of Massachusetts School of Medicine
Baystate Medical Center
Cidalia Vital, RN, MS, CNL, CPAN*
Assistant Nurse Manager/Educator
Baystate Noble Hospital
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the planning committee nor faculty marked with * have commercial relationships with commercial companies providing goods or services used on patients.
Dr. Plosky is a stock shareholder of Ear, Nose and Throat Surgons and of Pioneer Valley Surgicenter.
In support of improving patient care, Baystate Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
- 4.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 4.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours
|Register Early and SAVE $10|
Enter Coupon Code: Peri75
This coupon expires 14 days before the event.
|In order to receive credit, the evaluation must be completed by:||Wed, 07/31/2019 - 12:00pm|
We appreciate your business and sincerely wish to meet your educational needs. We understand that the schedule of a busy professional, like yourself, is subject to change. Therefore, we have included information about our refund/cancellation policies for your convenience below.
If you must cancel, telephone Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education at 413-322-4242 and follow your call with a written/email request. All cancellations will incur a $25.00 fee. Please note that we cannot refund cancellations received less than two weeks (10 business days) before the program date.
Your refund, less a cancellation fee, will be processed within two (2) weeks from the date we receive the written notification. For credit card refunds, please allow one to two (1-2) billing cycles for the credit to appear on your statement.
Specific Aids or Services:
Please call Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education at 413-322-4242 if, under the Americans with Disabilities Act, you require specific aids or services during your visit to this continuing education program.