8th Annual Western New England Acute Cardiology Conference
Date & Location:
Wednesday, October 13, 2021
The goal of this conference is to support ideal cardiovascular care for our patients and the health of our community. The field of acute cardiology is rapidly changing with new and innovative treatment protocols for a wide range of conditions.
Baystate Medical Center Heart and Vascular and Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education
This course is designed for cardiologists, hospitalists, primary care physicians, physician assistants, pharmacists, emergency medicine physicians, EMTs, paramedics, nurse practitioners, nurses, and cardiovascular technologists.
Block 1: STEMI & COVID
- Evaluate different clinical perspectives and evidence-based practice in the management of STEMI patients during the COVID era.
- Discuss recent updates to research and evidence regarding the management of STEMI patients.
Block 2: Cardiac Arrest
- Critique the newest research for management of cardiac arrest patients as related to one’s scope of practice.
- Compare modifications of the evaluation and management of cardiac arrest patients in different clinical settings.
Block 3: Cardiogenic Shock
- Review the evaluation, identification and management of patients with cardiogenic shock from the perspective of one’s unique clinical role.
- Assess best practices of identifying cardiogenic shock treatment criteria.
Block 4: Coronary Reactivity Testing & Managing Complications
- Establish understanding of coronary reactivity testing.
- Critique the newest research for management of complications related to the acute cardiac patient.
To view all faculty and their potential conflicts of interest, click on the Faculty tab.
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Any Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
Members of the planning committee and faculty marked by an * have no relationships with commercial companies providing goods or services used on patients.
Karim Al-Azizi, MD, FACAI, FACC, FESC
Alina Capatina, MSN, CCRN-K, CNL*
Scott J. Chapman, MEd, NREMT-P, EMT-I/C*
Sabeen Chaudry, MD*
Cheryl Crisafi, MSN, RN, CNL*
Daniel Fisher, MD PhD*
Mat Goebel, MD, MAS, NRP*
Kimberly Grady, MSN, RN*
Cindy L. Grines, MD, MSCAI, FACC
Ali Haider, MD
Ravi Hira, MD
Lloyd W Klein, MD*
Amir Lotfi, MD, FRCPC, FSCAI*
Roxana Mehran, MD, FACC, FAHA, MSCAI, FESC
Nicholas North, BSN, RN, NRP, CCRN, CFRN, C-NPT*
Maria O'Reilly, BSN, RN*
Tanveer Rab, MD, FACC, FSCAI*
Sunil V. Rao, MD
Siavash Saadat, MD*
Abhimanyu Saini, MD*
Thomas Schwann, MD, MBA*
Nathan Stanaway, MS, NR-Paramedic*
Jeff Suriano, NRP*
Linda Theriault, PAC, MS*
Kelly M. Wanamaker, MD, FACS*
In support of improving patient care, Baystate Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
- 6.00 AAPA Category 1 CME creditBaystate Health has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 6.00 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PA’s should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 6.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 6.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 6.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours
VENDOR EXHIBIT BOOTHS
Welcome to the Exhibit Booths for the 8th Annual Western New England Acute Cardiology Conference. This is a space where companies share information about their products and services, and showcase their latest innovations. Click on the Exhibitor logo to enter "booths".
Baystate Health Continuing Interprofessional Education follows the ACCME Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education.
The Virtual Exhibit Hall is paid advertising. The use of the Site and the Content, including Third Party Content, is at your own risk.